After a month of chronic arthritis in my leg and not being able to walk I was debating if I could ever think positively again. Forget being creative. Of course my ADHD brain went into “I’m a failure “.
Then Friday I received a comment from one of my incredible blogger followers Mitch Teemley of The Power of Story saying he nominated me for The Blogger Recognition Award!
Check out Mitch Teemley’s blog. https://mitchteemley.com
Amazing because a year ago I didn’t have any idea how to do a blog. I just lost my art website because I couldn’t afford the monthly fees and it was old and needed sprucing up. I wanted to try doing a new one with WordPress but ended up with a blog for some unknown reason. Go figure. So I decided to play with it and tell my story of how I came out of a 30 year artist block where I stopped doing any form of creative work until I turned 50.
The rest is history. I spent my school years with untreated ADHD and learning disabilities so I never understood what grammar was. I was confused by prepositions and what the heck is a verb anyway. I never went to college because I couldn’t take tests. I was successful in art in High School but was afraid to pursue it. The rest of my life was trying to make money as an ineffective secretary. Hiding from the world and living a life unlived.
In 2002 at the age of 50 I finally was diagnosed and treated for ADHD. I returned to becoming the artist I was meant to be. I am blessed to have been successful by taking risks to bring out my art. I began selling paintings. Doing many shows in NYC from 2010. I lost the secretary job in 2009 and burned all my office suits that made me look like Hillary Clinton.
Since then I have created a business “Fearless Creativity Art for Arts Sake”. I engage people who think they have no talent that they do. Art will save people from worry. It saved me during my childhood trauma.
And all this is a result of my spiritual practice. My faith is stronger then any adversary. I trust God and help others.
TIPS FROM MY BLOGGING EXPERIENCE OF THE PAST YEAR:
- Just have FUN. Authenticity to share my life story of becoming the artist I was meant to be was the motivation.
- Don’t try to be famous. It was not important that the Internet world would discover my talented writing.
- Forgive yourself if you fall off the writing cliff. I would miss weeks of posting and thought I could never start again. But I forgave my inconsistency and found that my followers didn’t judge me.
NOW I AM NOMINATING THE FOLLOWING BLOGS FOR INSPIRING ME:
- Certainline.wordpress.com – the art of drawing
- VisualAtelier.wordpress.com – art, design,photography
- Cedricramey.wordpress.com – art, travel, fashion, lifestyle
- Oneblessedfool.wordpress.com – faith, freedom, imagination
- Pmuink.com – Daily Doodle
- Orchidslantern.wordpress.com – art and stories of life
- Michaelehrhardt.wordpress.com – original art
- Impliedspaces.wordpress.com – digital art
- Saidsimply.wordpress.com – thoughts of life & stuff
- Ambiguousbrush.wordpress.com – wonderful drawings
- Storyofthefootloose.com – a talented pen writing well
- Littlefears.co.uk – short stories & art
- Fugitivedreamblog.wordpress.com – inspiring muses of the past
- Izzyink.co.wordpress.com – a journey into the world of illustration
- Histolines.wordpress.com – history
Blogger Recognition Award Rules
• Thank the blogger/s who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
• Write a post about it the Blogger Recognition Award
• Briefly tell how your blog started
• Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
• Select 15 bloggers to give this award to.